There are 10 finalists on the list and the public was allowed to cast their vote for the sixth time this year in order to see who will get here. There are five returning players on the list, whilst the remaining five are new entries, one of them being Daniel Negreanu, who just got into his first eligible year.
Bruno Fitoussi is among the nominees, together with Bob Hooks, Ted Forrest and Jack McClelland, the well-known tournament director. Each of these individuals has strong careers and big achievements and entering the Hall of Fame would be a great way to appreciate their efforts during their careers. The other nominees, who are returning this year, are Humberto Brenes, Chris Bjorin, Jennifer Harman, Mike Matusow and Huck Seed.
Now, the votes will be cast until October 10 and the votes are cast by 21 Hall of Fame members and 20 members of a media panel. There are multiple criteria regarding how votes are cast:
• Players should be at least 40 years old when the nomination is done.
• Nominated players should have faced acknowledged top players at the table.
• Players should be high-rollers.
• They should be respected by other players thanks to their consistence.
• They must have stood the test of time.
• Non-players are required to have brought contributions to the success and growth of the poker game.
Out of the ten nominees for the 2014 Hall of Fame event, only two of them will be inducted into this prestigious club. The rest of them still have a chance next year. The 2014 class will be greeted into the Hall of Fame on November 10, within the festivities of the final table event that takes place at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino.